• Adj. Violin Professor, Pepperdine University
• Lead Teaching Artist, Youth Orchestra LA
• Co-founder, Rocky Mountain Fiddle Camp
• Founder, Nearly Spring Strings Festival
• Owner/Lead Teacher of Grow Music Missoula
• Cello Faculty, Ventura College
• Cellist, Bakersfield Symphony
• Advocate of Music by Living Composers
• Owner/Lead Teacher of Artwork Strings
• Freelance Multi-genre Violin/Viola Performer
Led by Bill Kautz
Saturday, February 29th, 2:45-4:00pm
$10 pre-registration, $15 drop-in
*OPEN TO ALL INSTRUMENTS/VOICES!*
Improvisation allows you to play things without having them written down or even having ever heard the sounds you are playing before. Improvisation allows musicians to play with sound - to try new ideas and techniques. Playfulness helps musicians get into a space inside of themselves where it is easy to connect to others and the world in a more spiritual way. Improvisation is about seeking connection. If you listen, copy, and build on what others are doing -- magic happens! It's as if you are all one being, sharing each others thoughts and ideas in real time.
Improvisation is a meditation. It is about being in a space where the music goes on and on, time slows, and you never want to stop. It fills you up to the brim and further.
Open to all levels - this is a class for anyone, regardless of experience! We will explore several fun and simple exercises to unleash our creativity!